Gardencrest – Encinitas, CA
This is Debora’s own 1 ½ acre garden with 50 year old cork oak trees framing the distant blue of the Pacific to the west and sweeping back country views of North San Diego County to the east.
Her garden emphasizes plants found in Mediterranean climates around the world and relies on foliage color and texture for color and interest. After sunset, the entire garden takes on new dimensions with thoughtfully designed low voltage lighting.
A series of garden rooms is linked with decomposed granite paths:
- bocce court of decomposed granite floor, tumbled cobblestones and a water feature built of recycled parts and stacked recycled concrete retaining walls
- front entry garden w/Apache Cloud ledgerstone stacked stone columns and walls, copper water feature and gas fueled fire bowl, teak furniture
- white garden emphasizing silver, white, grays, and greens shimmers in the moon light
- indoor–outdoor space with pocketing doors and windows that seamlessly open the kitchen and dining room onto an exterior dining terrace with a succulent living wall, slate and copper water feature and sand blasted block fire element.
- The kitchen garden, with mature avocado and citrus, is composed of raised redwood planting boxes, slate patio, unique water feature, outdoor speakers and night lighting
- Debora Carl Landscape Design studio office, with small patio, water feature, outdoor shower and tropical plantings